Key Stage 2 Library Visits
Key stage 2 children visited Kempston library at the end of April 22. It was the first school visit the library had welcomed for 26 months! The children had the opportunity to explore the books and talk with the library manager.
Year 3 Sing On at Bedford Corn Exchange
Year 3 have spent the past three months learning a wide range of original songs to sing at the Cool for School Sing on Event at the Corn Exchange – they were fabulous!
Services for Parents
- Chathealth – School Nurse text support service for 11-19 year olds –
Beds – Text 07507 331450 to speak with a school nurse for any emotional support or health advice (Monday – Friday 9am – 4.30pm, except bank holidays).
Luton – Text 07520 616070 to speak with a school nurse for any emotional support or health advice (Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm, except bank holidays).
- Parentline – a secure and confidential text service for parents and carers of those aged 0-19. It offers advice and support on a range of issues such as weaning, sleep and emotional health or how to make an appointment with our team.
Beds – Text 07507 331456 with your question to start the conversation (Monday – Friday 9am – 4.30pm, except bank holidays).
Luton – Text 07507 331886 with your question to start the conversation (Monday – Friday 9am – 4.30pm, except bank holidays).
- Bedford Open Door –www.bedfordopendoor.org.
uk : 01234 360 388
- Childline (children’s telephone counselling or online) – Ring 0800 1111 or visit their website www.childline.org.uk
- Young Minds – If you are a young person experiencing a mental health crisis, you can text the YoungMinds Crisis Messenger for free, 24/7 support. Text YM to 85258.
- Kooth Online free counselling service for children and young people www.kooth.com
- Sorted www.sortedbedfordshire.
org.uk : 01582 891 435
- Samaritans – 24 hour confidential listening and support for anyone who needs it. (Parents/carers included.) Email – [email protected] Phone 116 123 (24 hours)
- Relate www.relate.org.uk :
01234 356 350
National Day of Reflection – 23rd March
Dawn Until Dusk – Easter Holiday Club
The school has been given the opportunity to take part in a project that will run jointly between schools, Bedford Borough Council and Bedfordshire Police. Operation Encompass is the reporting to schools, prior to the start of the next school day, when a child or young person has experienced or been
exposed to any domestic abuse.
Operation Encompass will ensure that a member of the school staff, known as a Key Adult, is trained to allow them to liaise with the police and to use the information that has been shared, in confidence, while ensuring that the school is able to make provision for possible difficulties experienced by children, or their families, who have been experienced a domestic abuse incident.
We are keen to offer the best support possible to all our pupils and we believe this will be extremely beneficial for all those involved.
BB Sessional Workers Required
Morrisons – It’s good to GROW
BB Parent Carer Forum Meetings